Anyone know of a smaller coolant reservoir that would fit in same location as stock?

johnnunez29

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2022
I do not want to run the round reservoirs as they dont fit in to my build (look wise). And the stock reservoir just wont fit in its location now due to my coil packs being relocated in that area, and the plastic nipple sits WAY too close to the turbo. im asking to see if anyone maybe knows of another cars stock coolant tank that fits. Or something in black, has to be low profile aswell, my ac lines will go over it.

That’s the space I have. It’s def not in its original spot as it won’t fit there. And it’s blocking my ac port.been considering buying an aluminum one and having it cut down to fit.

Attachments

• IMG_7538.jpeg
    IMG_7538.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • Wow
  • Useful
Reactions: 2 users
Honestly, with the amount of twin turbo hardware you have under that hood, along with the engine temps, and general heat you've been contending with I don't think I would even consider staying with any type of plastic reservoirs for coolant or even washer fluid for that matter. I guess you could fabricate an aluminum one if that's the look your going for...makes the most sense for such a custom project build, that way it can give the exact look you want.

The billet or spun vertical cylindrical aluminum types are basically designed for those tighter, hotter environments and can be located in more easily alongside radiator support, or in front of it.

Having said that, maybe just do a search on Google Images for "dorman coolant reservoir"

1722531930423.png

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Honestly, with the amount of twin turbo hardware you have under that hood, along with the engine temps, and general heat you've been contending with I don't think I would even consider staying with any type of plastic reservoirs for coolant or even washer fluid for that matter. I guess you could fabricate an aluminum one if that's the look your going for...makes the most sense for such a custom project build, that way it can give the exact look you want.

The billet or spun vertical cylindrical aluminum types are basically designed for those tighter, hotter environments and can be located in more easily alongside radiator support, or in front of it.

Having said that, maybe just do a search on Google Images for "dorman coolant reservoir"

View attachment 243442
Yea. I actually went as far as to order about 6 different ones from Amazon (all went back. No plastic needed. But for other cars they sell aluminum aftermarket reservoirs. I tried one that was pretty close but not enough to fit

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, no shortage of options...guess you gotta just find one that meets your needs/looks, or just draw one up on paper and either fab it, or have it fab'ed.

Here's about 1,800 more... :unsure:

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
When I make a bracket for my car, I make one out of cardboard so I can fit it where it needs to go and know where to bend it and/or weld it. You might need to do something like that and make one.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor