Anyone mount a floor shifter w/bench seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
OneLuv1979 said:
RITTER said:
CHRIS.O had a B&M ratchet shifter setup in his Cutlass and it was only about an inch away from the radio delete plate, that we had made, when it was in park. Granted, it wasn't much of a problem with that because he didn't have a radio, but if you had a radio it could pose to be a problem :idea:

I am planning on having my center seat section cut back to be flush with the fold down arm rest to accommodate a center console/shifter setup

I dont understand how thats possible the ratchet shifter always stays in one place .... It dont go forward where it could touch the radio , its my understanding that it stays in one spot.
It stays in place when it is in drive :wink: You have to move it forward to put it in nuetral - reverse - park :mrgreen:

OneLuv1979

Apprentice
Jan 28, 2012
RITTER said:
OneLuv1979 said:
RITTER said:
CHRIS.O had a B&M ratchet shifter setup in his Cutlass and it was only about an inch away from the radio delete plate, that we had made, when it was in park. Granted, it wasn't much of a problem with that because he didn't have a radio, but if you had a radio it could pose to be a problem :idea:

I am planning on having my center seat section cut back to be flush with the fold down arm rest to accommodate a center console/shifter setup

I dont understand how thats possible the ratchet shifter always stays in one place .... It dont go forward where it could touch the radio , its my understanding that it stays in one spot.
It stays in place when it is in drive :wink: You have to move it forward to put it in nuetral - reverse - park :mrgreen:

Ohhh ok , thanks for clearing that for me ....
I actually got my regal out of the transmission shop friday , and blew the motor that same night ....
Actually overheated it coming back from the dragstrip on a interstate and now it has no oil pressure ....
Im hoping the heads are not cracked and the crank is not damaged ... I do not have a knock so its possible but once it warms up with no oil pressure the valvles are clanking like hell ... Started ripping it down last night til my son demanded play time ....
Thinking of stepping up the cam , it currently has the 041 RamAir IV ...

motorapa.jpg

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
I had a megashifter. The base is what may cause a problem for you. You have to mount it closer to the radio so the base clears the seat and radio. This makes the shifter handle come close to the radio. I usually scraped my knuckles on it when I put it in park. It wasn't a big deal and probably could have mounted it back a little further. For me personally reaching out to shift it was just that, a reach. I didn't care for it but im not a long armed individual, might not bother others.

OneLuv1979

Apprentice
Jan 28, 2012
bumping this old thread as i have the motor done and im ready to buy a shifter,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor