Anyone remember these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I sold auto parts from 91-97 and I don't remember those truck plugs.
We had a lot of Farmer's who towed cattle trailers whose trucks were brought to the shop. I saw enough GM reman stickers on 4L60E transmissions as well on these trucks. Any that came in for a tune up, they got the Champion truck plugs, we never saw any come back with a misfire.

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Lug Bolts?? Count your blessings. Shades of the 1950's. For real weird, check out the Mopars, Dodges and Chryslers for those years Some mook in the engineering department had the hairbag idea that the lugs had to be threaded according to the side they were on to "prevent" them backing off and the wheel coming off. So one side had right hand thread aka "Righty-tighty--Lefty-Loosey; and the other was left hand thread, which is the mirror image or backwards of normal. They finally debunked that notion and changed over to all right hand thread bolts and studs eventually. Amazing how long an urban myth can hang on.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

LS6 Tommy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2018
When I wrenched full time, Champions were for power equipment and Mopars. For whatever reason, they fouled ilike crazy in any other apllication.

Tommy

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
When I wrenched full time, Champions were for power equipment and Mopars. For whatever reason, they fouled ilike crazy in any other apllication.

Tommy
These were the exception to the rule, totally different from their regular brittle, finicky plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor