Anyone work at a GM dealership?

Why can't you just go down to your local GM dealership and ask the service manager to check the VIN? They have access to any GM car that has had servicing done to it at any GM dealership. Being a 2021, it should take about 5 seconds to pull up. It shouldn't be any privacy concern if the car is on the lot somewhere. If they balk, then they're a bunch of pu$$ies. Because if the list is long, then don't buy it. If they tell you something like 2 oil changes and a map upgrade or some crap, then you'll know.
i can go into any ford dealer and get an oasis report on a given ride wonder if GM's any different.🤔

i can go into any ford dealer and get an oasis report on a given ride wonder if GM's any different.🤔
Given how general millennial is run these days, probably.

The better question we may need to enquire regarding is why he's looking at anything government motors built in 2021 to potentially buy....

Too late, bought. Crew cab standard box, Z71, brown. Very hard combo to come by, let alone at a reasonable price, or even better, a deal. I paid significantly less than average retail. I figure they are all losers, just need to lose the least amount. Truck I traded in ended up running $158/month to own. That's what I paid for it, minus what I got for trade in, divided by number of months I owned it. That's not bad at all. Hopefully this one will work out even better....

20220707_180208.jpg

Too late, bought. Crew cab standard box, Z71, brown. Very hard combo to come by, let alone at a reasonable price, or even better, a deal. I paid significantly less than average retail. I figure they are all losers, just need to lose the least amount. Truck I traded in ended up running $158/month to own. That's what I paid for it, minus what I got for trade in, divided by number of months I owned it. That's not bad at all. Hopefully this one will work out even better....

View attachment 202483
What do they consider a 'standard box' these days? Is it still 6ft 6in?

Yes, I think it's a tick over that. Like 6'10" IIRC. I can fit a 2x4x8' kitty corner and still close the tailgate,
interesting, I didn't know they increased the standard length from 5.75'. that's nice

What do they consider a 'standard box' these days? Is it still 6ft 6in?

According to GMC.com website:

Short box- 69.92"
Standard box- 79.44"
Long box- 98.2"

Although no more long boxes on crew cab. I think they cut that out in 2019? Somewhere around there.
Regular cab gets standard or long box.
Double cab gets standard box.

And at the moment, you can't get a locking steering column, Super Cruise with advanced automatic emergency braking, or front and rear park assist.

Probably due to the chip shortage. 🙂
chip-shortage-is-hittin-hard-488398.jpg

Reactions: Streetbu
According to GMC.com website:

Short box- 69.92"
Standard box- 79.44"
Long box- 98.2"

Although no more long boxes on crew cab. I think they cut that out in 2019? Somewhere around there.
Regular cab gets standard or long box.
Double cab gets standard box.
But you can get either the short box or the standard box on a crew cab. Trying to find a crew cab with the standard box is very hard though. Especially once you narrow a color down that isn't black or white....

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor