Are LS guys Chevy guys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Ok, we are getting a bit off topic here. This isn't a thread for comparing LS engines to other engines. This is a discussion if LS guys are Chevy guys or not.

The LS is not a Chevy engine, its a corporate GM engine. It copied design features from many classic GM engines as well as Ford and others. So its a Frankenstein engine cobbled together, They are not even small blocks as the engineers who designed them profess that they are mid block engines.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
If the logic had continuity we wouldn't argue with them. The LS is just the evolution of the SBC, it's plentiful, reliable, simple to work on and compatible with all Chevy drivetrain options (which are proven and plentiful).

To say it's the herd doing what's popular is ignoring everything since the early 60s in hotrodding. 🤣🤣

I would love to do a 2JZ, N54 3.0 or 2.6 Subaru powered G-Body but I can get 6 LS motors for the same price. It is what it is.
But wires and sensors and computers...🙄
Exactly, can't beat the cost for the return.

I think these guys forgot what it is to start with something because once that 3/4 Cam and them double hump heads went on that 3fiddy, the sheer force of jumping coke cans trying to grab that $20 bill of the dash gave them whiplash when that 2500 Still hit them 3.73 Gears.. :)

Joe Dirt GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Ok, we are getting a bit off topic here. This isn't a thread for comparing LS engines to other engines. This is a discussion if LS guys are Chevy guys or not.

The LS is not a Chevy engine, its a corporate GM engine. It copied design features from many classic GM engines as well as Ford and others. So its a Frankenstein engine cobbled together, They are not even small blocks as the engineers who designed them profess that they are mid block engines.
mr. d comedy GIF by CBC

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
But wires and sensors and computers...🙄
Exactly, can't beat the cost for the return.

I think these guys forgot what it is to start with something because once that 3/4 Cam and them double hump heads went on that 3fiddy, the sheer force of jumping coke cans trying to grab that $20 bill of the dash gave them whiplash when that 2500 Still hit them 3.73 Gears.. :)

Joe Dirt GIF by MOODMAN

62f86167ecc6b90a71fb5b0f1b1d104acbac3617f562e205dd2920c49e774776_1.jpg

:giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
You do since you made a whole thread about it..

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

No, I made a thread if LS guys are Chevy guys, but you try to pervert it into a LS swap circlejerk. Then again, you proved LS guys can't help but circlejerk each other in any thread they enter. You just try to twist everything to be about you because you are an attention wh*re.

Reactions: 1 user

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
For me personally, it was simply a progression thing. I've been around hotrods my whole life, the Cutlass was originally a carbed 307, then a healthy built carbed 355sbc. The next progression was the Stealthram EFI which gave it a small boost of power, looked cool and was way more drivable.
When that engine kicked the bucket, it was either build another sbc that didn't like sitting at lights, needed a vacuum pump for brakes, etc. Orrrrr, take the next step of progression and toss a built LS with OD trans and send it. So glad I did, this thing is a blast to drive, sounds great, is way more street friendly with .600 lift cam than a sbc could ever consider being with a .500 lift cam! Not to mention it has great vacuum, loves the highway, and whoops up on a car here and there. I just took it to LS fest, 300 mile trip without a hiccup along with my buddy's LSA blown Monte Carlo SS pushing 600hp. We buzzed down the highway like I do in my Trailblazer daily, sat in traffic, etc etc.
I was anti LS until I understood how much more efficient they are at making power. I like all hotrods though, but the LS based engine is by far the best bang for the buck, the aftermarket shows it, the amount of tuning capabilities out show it. It's a no brainer.
Also, my engine was tuned remotely with nothing more than some input parameters, software, and some seat time to log and make sure everything was happy.
This is pretty much my progression and mindset as well.

Built and rebuilt my 355 in my Camaro to 3 or 4 different head/cam combinations over the years I had it.

Up until about 2 years ago I was planning on building a 383 with EFI for my Regal. The more I looked into it the more an LS made sense.

For me getting an LS was the sheer volume of them. A coworker of mine has been holding them. He had 8 or 9 of them out at the farm.My complete 6.0 with and extra rotating assembly, intake manifold and e85 injectors was less than what getting a core 350 block punched .030 would be

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
No, I made a thread if LS guys are Chevy guys, but you try to pervert it into a LS swap circlejerk. Then again, you proved LS guys can't help but circlejerk each other in any thread they enter. You just try to twist everything to be about you because you are an attention wh*re.
Not necessarily, just a few cars guys coming in with their opinion on things, they have the right to do so, and it's drowning out your crap.

Getting a little flustered are we? :)

Star Wars Irony GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor