Are monte ss and ls spindles the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
I might be getting some drop spindles off an SS but he needs something to replace what i take so i wanted to see if the spindles/ rotors are the same from a SS to a LS. Thanks

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
yes!

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I believe every GBody spindle is the same except perhaps the 78s...GM did a redesign in 79 of the bearing/rotor...may have changed the spindle too. Just for general GBody knowledge.

Mikes455Wagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 1, 2008
Don't forget about the 2wd S10's too. I ordered summit brand drop spindles for my 98 S10 and it came in a Bell Tech box. They fit 82-04 S trucks I believe and G bodies. I think it was $149.99 but they turn up used on the S10 forum some.

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
srercrcr said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I believe every GBody spindle is the same except perhaps the 78s...GM did a redesign in 79 of the bearing/rotor...may have changed the spindle too. Just for general GBody knowledge.

I think your right, at least I have heard the same thing first year or two had slightly different bearing diameters or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor