Areas to look at on Gbody's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Presto78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 19, 2017
PSJ, FL.
Paint and body work is definitely not my thing, love turning wrenches though. If that member still has that Monte by the time I get the cash, I would definitely be interested. I'll head over to the classifieds section to see if I can find it. Hope it's not too far from FL.

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
Thank you guys! Hopefully in a couple weeks I can go on the hunt for one! I'm not a fan of vinyl tops, are they a pain to peel off? Should I just avoid vinyl tops all together?
Bumper fillers and a headliner could cost as much as a thousand dollars. That's something to take into consideration.

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
i just looked into classifieds for it, didn't see it. it was part of a post in a different thread... maybe(?) TexasGP can remember where he saw it and chime in? i'll try to think back which post/thread it was in, but no promises k.

maybe cutty can remember where it was?

r.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
lilbowtie owns the car. You could PM him. I think he's close to Detroit. You can ship the car enclosed for a thousand or less. I'm under the impression you could drive this car home. It's worth it to start with a clean car. The car is in post #8 in the thread that I link to below. Every time I see this car I kick myself in the *ss for paying what I did for my car. Blue is my favorite color.
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/this-guy-must-be-out-of-his-freakin-mind.62559/

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Body bushings and the frame mounts, especially passenger side #2 frame mount where the A/C drain dumps.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You'll be better off in the long run finding a nice clean, solid car that you can upgrade as you drive it.
The Monte that Lilbowtie has, and is willing to sell, is a good score. You can easily put more than that in bodywork and paint. I'm sure you'll be able to drive that car home. However, you might be better off having it transported. Don't forget, it's still winter in other parts of the country.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
lilbowtie owns the car. You could PM him. I think he's close to Detroit. You can ship the car enclosed for a thousand or less. I'm under the impression you could drive this car home. It's worth it to start with a clean car. The car is in post #8 in the thread that I link to below. Every time I see this car I kick myself in the *ss for paying what I did for my car. Blue is my favorite color.
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/this-guy-must-be-out-of-his-freakin-mind.62559/

Ya, but he is letting it go for a song imo. If that car looks as good throughout as it does in pics-3K is a great deal. Presto, you'd prolly do well to follow up on this....Fly to Detroit, drive that beauty home and you will probably be in love by the time you hit FLA.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, fly in, buy it, and hop on I-75 all the way to Florida.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor