ATTENTION to detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
All of these little added "extras" look great but what about the time and work that everyone here has taken to get every last speck of dirt/grease/rust off a part before they've painted it ? The time and patience its taken to assemble everything without scratching and chipping the fresh paint. Im sure theres many guys out there that have repainted more than one part due to screwing it up putting it back together.
How about the time spent cleaning the small OEM screws that hold the odd crap like the wipers and AC boxes together. Honestly for me its stuff like that that catches my eye when I look at an engine compartment. Especially when the cars got a big money paint job.
Neither one of my cars are show quality but I took the majority of the parts apart, cleaned the crap out of them and put them all together with fresh paint and clean hardware.

Reactions: 5 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
All of these little added "extras" look great but what about the time and work that everyone here has taken to get every last speck of dirt/grease/rust off a part before they've painted it ? The time and patience its taken to assemble everything without scratching and chipping the fresh paint. Im sure theres many guys out there that have repainted more than one part due to screwing it up putting it back together.
How about the time spent cleaning the small OEM screws that hold the odd crap like the wipers and AC boxes together. Honestly for me its stuff like that that catches my eye when I look at an engine compartment. Especially when the cars got a big money paint job.
Neither one of my cars are show quality but I took the majority of the parts apart, cleaned the crap out of them and put them all together with fresh paint and clean hardware.
I just buy the NOS bolts and screws. Fugg cleaning them. Hahaha. Just kidding. I know what you mean. Devil is always in the details.

But I do have a butt load of GM fasteners. Why? Well, because they'll fit. But they did that like they did some other parts. Places where you'd have 2 different length factory screws for example, would be called out as the one slightly shorter screw to cover all the applications. Won't see it when it's fastened though.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor