ATTENTION to detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a G, but probably the nicest thing I've done so far. Of course, 10k miles and some track runs have soured it over the years.
20170808_193842.jpg

This was is my baby and my last major effort that was done 15 years ago. Kids sports and college will slow you down! The 79 cutlass purchased 3 months ago is the 1st toy since then

Motown 400 race block stroked 427 ci
4D6012A5-3EAD-4745-9BB9-71E27DDC2659.png

Brodix heads , Jessel rockers, 11.1 650 hp N.A backed by a TCI400 1.76 1st gear with a break this sat in 63 Chevy II ran high 9s .at E- town .

I sometimes hobby-grade restoration specific decals for folks. I'm no professional. There's nobody out there I'm aware of, except maybe ECS, that makes really great, specific repros for our cars, and nobody makes the correct underhood emission decals.

Did a silver (NOT gold) emission decal for someone restoring a 79 Chevy truck. His got all mottled and torn over the years. The repros out there weren't correct. Imagine that.

Original-

Original 79 Chevy Truck 400 Emission Decal.JPG

And what I did for him below. He was very pleased with the final product and that was a few years ago. That made me feel pretty good. He came back later and wanted a visor decal for 4x4 operation, and an underhood jacking decal. His gripe about the commercially available decals was they were paper decals and would dissolve in no time. My shiit is made from polyester with laser printing and it's VERY water resistant. Nobody's complained yet. The mystery decals were bonus personalized decals I made for his shop that he owns.

79 Chevy Truck Emission Decal.JPG

Jason Decal Kit.JPG

And I do them for myself too for my 85 and 87 442.

85 Catalytic converter decal. Sticks right on the heat grille.
85 442 cat decal.jpg

And for the 87, I dabbled in making new underhood decals and window stickers. Here's some prototypes I made.

87 442 decal kit.jpg

And here's something that's just cool to share. My 87 still had the original, but cruddy, distributor cap paper decal barely hanging on it when I bought it so I made a new one. This is the one that's stuck on the cap itself, not the barcode on top of the coil cover. Anyone ever seen an original distributor cap decal before? They're rare to find because they're gone after the first tune-up.

87442distdecal001.jpg

I sometimes hobby-grade restoration specific decals for folks. I'm no professional. There's nobody out there I'm aware of, except maybe ECS, that makes really great, specific repros for our cars, and nobody makes the correct underhood emission decals.

Did a silver (NOT gold) emission decal for someone restoring a 79 Chevy truck. His got all mottled and torn over the years. The repros out there weren't correct. Imagine that.

Original-

View attachment 135518

And what I did for him below. He was very pleased with the final product and that was a few years ago. That made me feel pretty good. He came back later and wanted a visor decal for 4x4 operation, and an underhood jacking decal. His gripe about the commercially available decals was they were paper decals and would dissolve in no time. My shiit is made from polyester with laser printing and it's VERY water resistant. Nobody's complained yet. The mystery decals were bonus personalized decals I made for his shop that he owns.

View attachment 135519

View attachment 135520

And I do them for myself too for my 85 and 87 442.

85 Catalytic converter decal. Sticks right on the heat grille.
View attachment 135526

And for the 87, I dabbled in making new underhood decals and window stickers. Here's some prototypes I made.

View attachment 135521

And here's something that's just cool to share. My 87 still had the original, but cruddy, distributor cap paper decal barely hanging on it when I bought it so I made a new one. This is the one that's stuck on the cap itself, not the barcode on top of the coil cover. Anyone ever seen an original distributor cap decal before? They're rare to find because they're gone after the first tune-up.

View attachment 135528
YOUR HIRED!!!! WOW!! Beautiful job!!

As i'm looking through all the awesome pictures everyone posted, i'm just taken back at the ingenuity and talent of our G body family members here. Thank you so much for sharing your pride and joy workmanship, VERY IMPRESSIVE!! In posting, your getting the recognition you DEFINITELY deserve, AND may help others by giving them ideas on their own projects, its a WIN WIN!! So looking forward for more posts to come!!!

I'll bite. Not a G-Body but one of the projects I'm proudest of. This is the engine compartment of my brother's 78 Z28 that we LS swapped, We weren't going for the hidden wire, show car look. Instead, we just wanted a clean, functional install. We wanted it to look like the LS "belonged there.".......

Camaro engine bay 3-14-2014 9.JPG

There was a lot of research involved and some hand built pieces to accomplish this installation. We did this in late 2013/early 2014. There was a lot of parts available back then but not as much as nowadays.

--Jared

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor