Auto reupholstering shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
Does anyone know a good auto re upholstery shop? There used to be several here in Wichita but they all closed. I'm not too concerned where they're located but would like to find one someone has done business with before.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
What are you planning on getting re upholstered?

Reactions: 1 user

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
What are you planning on getting re upholstered?
I'm not at the moment. But I'm trying to find these little clips that came out of the seat upholstery trim when I removed it. I posted a picture of what I am looking for in another thread in this interior topic asking if anyone could identify what the clips were called so I could try to find some but haven't received any responses to that post.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Look in the ‘stickied’ part of the fasteners post. The AuVeCo catalog may show them, but it’s a little bit of a needle in the haystack search.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Used to do alot of business with Sytlecraft downtown, but the owners/operators that I used to deal with recently sold the business, I have no experience with new ownership. Used to deal with Unique Upholstery on Seneca back in my dealership days, but the part of the family that I knew that owned/operated it sold out about 5 years ago, I have no recent experience with Unique. Downing Upholstery does amazing work but he pretty much sticks to custom stuff, his price is among the highest in town but so is his work, he can be difficult to deal with but if you have the dollars and he is willing to do the job he is the best place in town in my opinion. Morgan Bulleigh used to do good work but haven't heard anything good in years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
Used to do alot of business with Sytlecraft downtown, but the owners/operators that I used to deal with recently sold the business, I have no experience with new ownership. Used to deal with Unique Upholstery on Seneca back in my dealership days, but the part of the family that I knew that owned/operated it sold out about 5 years ago, I have no recent experience with Unique. Downing Upholstery does amazing work but he pretty much sticks to custom stuff, his price is among the highest in town but so is his work, he can be difficult to deal with but if you have the dollars and he is willing to do the job he is the best place in town in my opinion. Morgan Bulleigh used to do good work but haven't heard anything good in years.
Hey thanks! If they'll sell me some clips I should be back on the road soon.

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
IDK why I couldn't find these shops on the web,,,live and learn....

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
IDK why I couldn't find these shops on the web,,,live and learn....
Alot of those are long time, small, family owned shops. Alot of them did very well back in the day because car shows were regularly attended and word of mouth was a great tool. The internet has now become the first place to look for everything, googling something is faster than calling someone. If you need any more leads, feel free to reach out. Hope to see your Elco around town.

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
Alot of those are long time, small, family owned shops. Alot of them did very well back in the day because car shows were regularly attended and word of mouth was a great tool. The internet has now become the first place to look for everything, googling something is faster than calling someone. If you need any more leads, feel free to reach out. Hope to see your Elco around town.
Hey thank you, I really mean it. I'm afraid I am pretty much on my own on this project and have to learn how to do a number of things for the first time. So much I still have to learn.

B C Rocket

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 14, 2016
I can vouch for two in Kansas City - have been around forever and have done excellent work on my cars. Turner in Overland Park, and A+A Royal in KCMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor