Autocrossing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
I'm taking the Pumkinator wagon to the Hotchkis Autocross event in Fontana, CA this Saturday (Oct 25th). Just wondering if any other G bodies will be there??

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
Updates?
Hope you had lots of fun!

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
Thanks for asking, I had a blast! There were 73 cars, so we each got only 8 runs. They ran us 3 runs back to back, 3 runs, then 2 runs. That didn't leave me much opportunity to play with suspension settings but the car still did well with what I was able to adjust. The fellow that designed the course said he programmed 1G turns and a late model ZR1's 0-60 time into the computer simulation to come up with "if your car runs 50 seconds your car is fast. If you run under that your car is really fast!" Well, there were several "really fast" cars, I think the record on Saturday in the early class was a 46 and change. That was by a killer well prepped 64 Vette with late model Corvette suspension and some serious power. I think the slowest car ran a 58. My best run of the day was a 50.001, 2/1000ths away from that under 50 club. Overall the car ran great. I think there's more in it, I have more tuning I can do, but for right now I think I'm maxing out my traction. I'm running 300 tread wear Nitto NT555s, they handle well but they're a street tire, not an autocross specific tire. A majority of there folks had the sticky Falken Azenis RT615K tires. Blake here at work said even going from the stickier Nitto NT05s to the Falkens on the Speedtech Test Nova made a huge difference in grip so I guess I need to save up some pennies for a race specific set of rims and tires. I'm looking at XXR 531 wheels in 18x9.5 and 18x11 and 275 35s and 315-30 Falkens. Hmmm, there goes $2000. Oh well, you wanna play you gotta pay right?

Pics and videos coming soon!

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
Well done!

Patiently awaiting video... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor