Autozone

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
I know which suppliers have staff who know what they are doing round here, not mechanics but guys who know the parts business which is a different discipline.
One time I asked for a clutch for a car and the spotty youth behind the counter looked blank for a minute then asked; "is it manual or automatic?" :roll: . Next time I called he no longer worked there.
Incidentally over here if you give the parts guy the registration # (licence plate) they can access a nationwide database which tells them the details of most mechanical parts on the car. This is very useful as cars often have modifications anytime during their production run.
When I visit Texas the lady who manages Carquest in Llano does a first rate job, one time she managed to find a distributor for a '68 Rambler 290 engine and get it to me in 3 days. I dont know what reputation the various autoparts shops have generally in the USA but if I find a good one it gets my business.

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
Word of advice from someone who used to work for the Green Mafia- Don't be one of those counter jockeys that only know how to look things up in the computer and give up when they don't see it. Learn to work the paper catalogs. Be that guy that can find anything. If you find a part for someone that no one else was able to find, that customer will only deal with you from that point on, and upper management will pay attention to that.

MissPontiac

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2011
Oregon
Congradulations. Let's hope you know 100x more then the auto zone workers here. Everytime I go in (2-3 times a week) and ask if they can find a part for me. It takes them 5 minutes and 3 different questions to know what I'm talking about. I didn't know poly pro seats were such a taboo thing out here.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
There's always people like that at Pepboys and Autozone... You tell them what you want, even give them a part number, and they'll still ask you a million questions and give you the wrong part.

I was in a AutoZone with my friend and he told the guy he had a 68 Poncho 400 out of a GTO in his 79 Trans Am and he needed some spark plugs and had the part number... And the idiot kept telling him that his car couldn't have a 400 in it and refused to sell him the part he wanted so he went behind the counter himself and got them. :roll: :rofl:

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
kornball426 said:
There's always people like that at Pep Boys and Autozone... You tell them what you want, even give them a part number, and they'll still ask you a million questions and give you the wrong part.

I was in a AutoZone with my friend and he told the guy he had a 68 Poncho 400 out of a GTO in his 79 Trans Am and he needed some spark plugs and had the part number... And the idiot kept telling him that his car couldn't have a 400 in it and refused to sell him the part he wanted so he went behind the counter himself and got them. :roll: :rofl:
Been there done that. Except it was 3/8 steel fuel line. The girl could not find a listing for it ( It was hanging on the wall behind her so I just gave up and grabbed it :rofl: )

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
I GOT PROMOTED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After 7 weeks of working at autozone i got a promotion to Customer Service Manager.
I honestly love working at autozone being around car people all day and being able to actually help people with there car problems is great.

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
8) 8) That's a great deal! Glad you found what you wanted, might be th good turn you needed! 8)

DeltaDevil88

Greasemonkey
May 15, 2011
Dallas,TX
Congrats a job and promotion in this age is AWESOME!!! no matter where you work have a beer for me!!! Personally im a oreillys guy myself but run across the street to AZ from time to time.

Lets see some of those new discounted parts on your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor