avin85cutty

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2012
THANKS

bigtmoney

Greasemonkey
Dec 11, 2011
Dallas, TX
I like that paint job, looks great. Hopefully they don't keep it another two months to add the pinstripe.

avin85cutty

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2012
it shouldnt take long but i am heading to florida for about 2 weeks so that should be plenty of time to wet sand and pin stripe... or at least i hope but u never know with this guy..lol thanks guys glad u like the color. i was going to do original burgundy but then i thought this would look better... im not getting the acceleration i should be with the engine and trans i have.. a guy i know said its cuz i have a stock old differential so im guessing thats the next big thing to work on.. i know absolutely nothing about that so ill have to do some research

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
looks good man, i like the chevy rallys on it. i am going that way with my cutty to. im glad to hear your not using that interior on your car...i also " threw up in my mouth a little " when i saw that :rofl: . im all for individualism , but that looks like someone fed the easter bunny acid and let him design and interior.

avin85cutty

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2012
thanks..and yea when i went to buy the doors the guys like u want the interior to?? im like hell no i dont want that sh*t.. hes like yea ill never be able to sell that sh*t.. but the rallys will be on for a while.. i plan on getting some thing similar to irocs in between a 18'-22' rim.. not sure which size yet.. also doing the interior black and grey.. the car has some rust under it so i dont plan to but to much money into it since i dont plan on having it for ever just a car to enjoy for a few years..

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
avin85cutty said:
thanks..and yea when i went to buy the doors the guys like u want the interior to?? im like hell no i dont want that sh*t.. hes like yea ill never be able to sell that sh*t.. but the rallys will be on for a while.. i plan on getting some thing similar to irocs in between a 18'-22' rim.. not sure which size yet.. also doing the interior black and grey.. the car has some rust under it so i dont plan to but to much money into it since i dont plan on having it for ever just a car to enjoy for a few years..

:rofl: :rofl: .... @ "hell no, i dont want that sh*t" ... makes ya wonder what sme people were smoking when they came up with some of the ideas i see on "custom" cars, and where i can get some of it :D . i lucked out on my chvy rallys, came across a set of custom made 15x10's for the rear, and a week or so later came across a set of 15x6's for the front, total of $200., gotta love craigs list. i still have to buy center caps for all 4 and the wider beauty rings for the rears, but all in all not a bad price. i know what ya mean about the rust underneath to, mine started as a simple clean up and new small block and has turned into a frame off. found some nasty rot in the firewall area last week while taking the front clip apart. but yours looks real good, love the t-tops. i think if i ever get my '80 done i might look for an 81-88 t-top car for my next project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor