B&M Quicksilver shifter in a 200-4R - question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
So now that I am back at it with my GP, I replaced the column shifter with a B&M Quicksilver as part of my engine and transmission swap.

Anyway, I have a question for those of you who used one of these shifters (or similar) with their 200-4R. I set up the cable, lever, and bracket per the instructions, starting out in 1st gear. I range through the gears and all is fine (the pivot slides into the front lever hole just fine through each gear). However, when I get to PARK, the shifter throws the cable further than the transmission linkage allows. Is this normal? Should I just hook up the cable and let the shifter stop where it may? Any other tricks to setting these up?

normal_11_Page_3.jpg

carpenter383

Apprentice
Jan 22, 2011
It's adjustable there at the bracket with the 7/16 nut in your diagram.

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
That gets adjusted in 1st gear. After that, they tell you not to touch that.

78PontiacGP

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2009
Queens,Ny
Hey im actually running the same setup would there be a reason why i shift down to 1St gear and its not holding it in gear? I cant seem to figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor