baking soda for a rad flush??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
x3 on the distilled water...

if you want to clean it all out you really need to remove a frost plug and clean out all the crap you'll find sitting on the bottom of the block

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
once i get it clean and swap out the heater core, im definately going to use distilled water, and water wetter. i never noticed any 2 part flushes when i looked but im heading to a speed shop tomorrow and ill ask him what hes got. so no baking soda?? lol personally i use it for heatburn! :oops: :rofl:

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
well today in the drive through all of a sudden my heater core started pumping antifreeze through the vents again so i had to change it regaurdless of the condition of the rad which oddly enough seems to have alot less crust inside from what i can see. i swear i flushed the piss out of it the last time but it seems some more broke down in the last couple weeks inside there, so today after changing the heater core, i drained the old antifreeze and put new stuff in again. theres still a bit in there tho and im assuming the motor/heads an stuff still probaly have a bit so maybe in a month or something ill do another flush and see how clean everything gets. im gonna look around for the prestone 2 part one tho. last time i just used canadian tires BS crap so knowing them its probaly just colored water lol

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
oh yah the piston ring guys said they dont even sell water wetter cuz its basically used only in race cars. id still like to use it if i come accross it but for now i guess plain old antifreeze and distilled water it is.

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
isnt distilled watter basically boiled water vapour? if i made something to catch the steam from a pot of boiling water and drain into another pot, wouldnt that be distilled water?

oldiejams

Master Mechanic
Jan 21, 2011
Tucson
ha that's what i was thinking when i read that. it would cost more to distill it yourself.

any way
i know i need to do something for to cleanse my cooling system. I only drain and fil :oops:

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
lmao i was just curious, im not THAT cheap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor