ball joint

Status
Not open for further replies.

1986montecarlols

Master Mechanic
Apr 4, 2008
hey guys, regarding this question i have replaced the driver side upper ball joint before, and well the first time i replaced it it went bad in 2 days. I then took it back thikning it was defective. I replaced it again, this was about 6 months ago 3,000 miles and well guess what today i was rummaging around under the hood of the car, changed oil, plugs, air filter and found that the same upper ball joint had a tear like the last time right in the boot. ANy idea why it keeps doing this? i havent ever had the car alignment done though, which i regret. Is a shop even going to replace this single ball joint if i take it to them? cost anyone, im sick of doing them thats the thing. Let me know please ok thanks

Do GM ball joints needed to be installed at a certain angle like VW ball joints? I come from the VW world and if you don't align the notch on the ball joint correctly it won't last very long.

Yeah i tended to put a lot of grease in them which prolly wasnt too good I bet. not only that but no alignment either, i feel like an idiot kinda. i hope just getting one joint done wouldnt cost more then 100 bucks though what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor