BBC Cylinder heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
See if you can squeeze a moroso 20408 pan in it.
Yea that's a great pan and would probably fit ,I'm probably gonna use a hamburgers pan cause that's what I got access to it got windage tray and scrapper too. I got 3 milodons and they fit horrible and dont seal worth a **** bbc and sbc

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Oh the hamburger pan with the windage tray and scraper is a good pan too. I’m going to use the summit 3605?? I think is the number. Looks just like the hamburger pan. Try to stay away from the pans with the sump wings. Makes oil filter removal a pain.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Oh the hamburger pan with the windage tray and scraper is a good pan too. I’m going to use the summit 3605?? I think is the number. Looks just like the hamburger pan. Try to stay away from the pans with the sump wings. Makes oil filter removal a pain.
Yea my one milodon has them , couldn't get oil filter off without a mess , couldn't take the headers out couldn't fit the new ones in and leaked ,I got 2 1/8 hookers makes life hard too can't stand them

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Yup, its the summit G3605.
What's a hamburger pan?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I always run one of these to a remote set up on my BBC or SBC engines then I have easy access to my oil filters.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I thought of this at one time and install an oil cooler also

Unless you're keeping the motor wrapped out for extended periods of time that's completely unnecessary. A quarter mile pass wouldn't be enough to justify it.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Unless you're keeping the motor wrapped out for extended periods of time that's completely unnecessary. A quarter mile pass wouldn't be enough to justify it.
Well car does get driven alot ,driven to the races 80% of time it's 1/8 mile and probably few times a year I go do some 1/4 passes at the track

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Well car does get driven alot ,driven to the races 80% of time it's 1/8 mile and probably few times a year I go do some 1/4 passes at the track

If your water is under control and it isn't wrung out, your oil will track with your water. Both my Corvette and Camaro exhibit this. Neither's oil temps will climb unless I'm on the road course for a couple of laps foot to the floor the whole way. As soon as I do a cool down lap, oil (and water) temps plummet.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor