BBC Cylinder heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
If your water is under control and it isn't wrung out, your oil will track with your water. Both my Corvette and Camaro exhibit this. Neither's oil temps will climb unless I'm on the road course for a couple of laps foot to the floor the whole way. As soon as I do a cool down lap, oil (and water) temps plummet.
Well thankfully I don't have temp problems both stay down ,I am going to install a trans temp gauge I'm doing a trans brake in a th400 , having an automatic sucks

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Well thankfully I don't have temp problems both stay down ,I am going to install a trans temp gauge I'm doing a trans brake in a th400 , having an automatic sucks
The transbrake will wake the car up. I ran a t-400 in my car for almost 20 years. From the 10.50’s to the 8.80’s.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
The transbrake will wake the car up. I ran a t-400 in my car for almost 20 years. From the 10.50’s to the 8.80’s.
I've never ran one before it's going to to be a learning curve ,if it wasn't so expensive to run a manual transmission I would run one ,my best 60ft was a 1.49 with foot brake th350 but I've also learned my car don't have enough front end travel for the surface I'm racing on

Reactions: 1 user

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I've never ran one before it's going to to be a learning curve ,if it wasn't so expensive to run a manual transmission I would run one ,my best 60ft was a 1.49 with foot brake th350 but I've also learned my car don't have enough front end travel for the surface I'm racing on
Front end travel is important and ease of movement is important for a small tire car. It’s better to have too much and use limiters to control it than not enough.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Wow, that's gettin' it done on the foot brake IMO!

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Front end travel is important and ease of movement is important for a small tire car. It’s better to have too much and use limiters to control it than not enough.
It moves pretty freely, but I only got 4.5" of travel ,the no prep and street guys are somewhere in the 6-8" of travel and that's probably what I need to get

Reactions: 1 user

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
It moves pretty freely, but I only got 4.5" of travel ,the no prep and street guys are somewhere in the 6-8" of travel and that's probably what I need to get
Yeah for 10.30 you should be at 1.45 or you’re just giving up ET. The car needs a lot of quick upward travel, but it also needs the rear to separate from the body and stay down. So you need a shock that allows rear extension but not compression.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor