Be careful what you say online.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Do you have the exclusive forum rights to sling around the term "dumbass"?
We've got Red Forman in here..

mila kunis television GIF

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Well, good golly dam*. We're going to have another hissy fit thread with people throwing sh*t at each other again. It was sort of a funny thread until some panties started getting pulled.

There's a whole lot of virtue signaling in this thread, and some people throwing sh*t think more highly of themselves than others actually think of them, and that's usually a bad thing.

CLUE: This doesn't help the G-body community as a whole. So why do you do it?

My take on the guy bragging about his stupidity landed him exactly where he belonged. In the sh*ts with the EPA, regardless whether it's state or federal. I think crushing the vehicle is a bit harsh, but if that's what the laws say, so be it. Don't like it? Vote differently. Move to Mexico and buy an illegal truck there. Better yet, don't buy a fugged up truck. Trying to say the PO did it? So what? You own it now. It's YOUR problem. Put your big boy pants on and pay your dues. Let it be a lesson- loose ships sinks ships. Don't broadcast your illegal activities in public and you won't be "surprised" when they come to get you.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
I just get a kick out of the fact that >80% of the vehicles here on this forum were emissions compliant when they were new, but no longer are due to modifications. I don't think he was being stupid by advertising it, as this is a fairly new thing to crackdown on personal owners, as all these news articles state. He's just one of the first to get caught and dealt with, which sucks, but it is what it is. Let's see a show of hands who is still running a smog pump. Or catalytic converters. Or a spark plug gap of .065 or bigger. Hell, a good portion of street cars here probably aren't even running vacuum advance.

And this guy's an idiot for owning and driving a DPF deleted truck? Come the Truck on.

Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I just get a kick out of the fact that >80% of the vehicles here on this forum were emissions compliant when they were new, but no longer are due to modifications. I don't think he was being stupid by advertising it, as this is a fairly new thing to crackdown on personal owners, as all these news articles state. He's just one of the first to get caught and dealt with, which sucks, but it is what it is. Let's see a show of hands who is still running a smog pump. Or catalytic converters. Or a spark plug gap of .065 or bigger. Hell, a good portion of street cars here probably aren't even running vacuum advance.

And this guy's an idiot for owning and driving a DPF deleted truck? Come the Truck on.
What got him, is they are cracking hard on diesels. The shop owner in North Carolina got hit for that pretty hard a couple of years ago. People are still getting nailed with it. Even the local places here in Florida where we do not have state emissions, aren't even messing with diesel stuff anymore.

Sounds like New Jersey just made an example out of him. I would have handled this much differently.

This dude was a nobody, right? As in, no significant social media following? Just a dude who tried to sell a deleted truck and happened to have the ad spotted by the wrong person?
That's what I gather. Something is definitely extreme potato here.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Sounds like New Jersey just made an example out of him. I would have handled this much differently.

I'm gonna go ahead and point out that we haven't seen any of his messages to the DEP, only the ones from them to him. This guy might have flown off the handle, which got the book thrown at him. That would make him an idiot, for sure. But simply owning a truck like this is not that uncommon, in any state (or province for us ice chuckers.) What happens in 2035 or 2050 when they tell us our cars must be EV or crushed? Will we all be idiots for still owning them?

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I'm gonna go ahead and point out that we haven't seen any of his messages to the DEP, only the ones from them to him. This guy might have flown off the handle, which got the book thrown at him. That would make him an idiot, for sure. But simply owning a truck like this is not that uncommon, in any state (or province for us ice chuckers.)
Exactly, there's something stupid that happened here. If he parted out the vehicle, the vehicle is off the road so it should have stopped there. For him to be required to scrap the chassis, he definitely pissed somebody off.

What happens in 2035 or 2050 when they tell us our cars must be EV or crushed? Will we all be idiots for still owning them?
I'm anticipating some of our fellow forum members will be driving by in them calling us dumbasses.🤣

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Yea, I didn't care to waste time reading it because it sounded too dumb. I guess parting it out and taking it off the road one way or another gave the bean counters in the office their little jollies. Guy definitely went about it like a potato.

Pot, meet kettle...

Some of you make this way too easy..and wonder why I laugh at you.

Bored Come On GIF
go back and learn comprehension. I insulted him SPECIFICALLY and the dumbasses in general, nowhere did I specify all people in a state. ("what kind of dumbass lives in a state with emissions inspections?") . now, if you want to go ahead and start twisting this thread up into another insult-filled screed of fingers pointing back and forth, like you do with other threads, go for it. I'm moving along.

you're right, you really do make this too easy.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
go back and learn comprehension. I insulted him SPECIFICALLY and the dumbasses in general, nowhere did I specify all people in a state. ("what kind of dumbass lives in a state with emissions inspections?") . now, if you want to go ahead and start twisting this thread up into another insult-filled screed of fingers pointing back and forth, like you do with other threads, go for it. I'm moving along.
We're just taking what you say bud, no twisting needed.

angry panties GIF

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD

Not to mention his truck was an 08......the 5.9 Cummins in the same body style (early 07 and previous) would not have had DPF from the factory......and the 03-04 era trucks had no factory cat. So from an emmissions standpoint, this truck is likely not practically different than an earlier year Cummins powered Dodge (everything else being the same). Yet many are cheering on the NJ Dept of Environmemtal Protection (Gestapo) to crush his truck.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor