Beautiful Maroon 1986 Regal Complete Dash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvrnespeca

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 23, 2019
I bought a 1986 Buick Regal for the parts I needed for an El Camino I am restoring. This Regal has the most beautiful Dash I have seen on a car of this age. I pulled it Monday it has no cracks or tears! Everything came out so easy. Now my problem, I can make it work for my El Camino but it kills me to take such a beautiful dash out of the Regal world? Do I sell it and get an el camino dash or make it work for me??? I'll post some pictures soon!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I personally would want to keep an elky dash all stock. JMO. Do what you gotta do though. It's your project, your time, your dash. Buick dashes look good, but so do the Chevy dashes. Pontiac dashes? Sorry, they seem way too busy looking for me.

You can probably sell it and take the money and put it to a drop in dash. Again, just my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user

lvrnespeca

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 23, 2019
Thanks if you send me your phone number Ill text you the pictures looking for your clip on the regal!

hoffa65

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
If you decide to go the Regal dash make sure you get the duct work all but the center section and the wiring dash, and engine bay harnesses. Make life much easier for the swap. I didn't have the engine bay wiring harness when I did an 83 GP dash into a 84 ElCo swap. GM change the pin orientation at fire wall around the time so I had to splice in the GP dash wiring harness.

hoffa65

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
After looking at the 2 dash they look very similar, the GP dash i installed was quite different
20190509_003248.jpg

lvrnespeca

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 23, 2019
My Hurst old and Buick GN have way different "pods" I believe Pontiac used a much longer pod like the Hurst. Buick and Chevy are very close

Nov 4, 2012
Where are you located? If you decide to sell the regal dash I'd be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor