Bench seats who's got em

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will grab.some pics and load em up. My driver 78 is bench seat, column shift. Reminds me of a Chevelle and a GTO I had in the old days.

Anybody got more pictures seeing the other thread about buckets makes me want to see more benche seats and swaps.. not that anything is wrong with buckets but would like to see some benche seat swaps or 60/40

Straight outta the late '70's.......
crushed velour, a little Barry White in the cassette deck, mmmmmmm, yeeeaah......
20170730_111012.jpg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I really like my bench seat Malibu . I also like the column shifter. I am a lot more sure manual up shifting the column than a factory floor shifter. I have bucket seats , console, and floor shifter in my 65 Malibu SS but I have a lot more fun in my 81.
A little tip for bench seat guys I got from a buddy of mine. The newer S10's had removable cup holders on the bench seat trucks. The metal bracket bolts underneath the seat and the plastic cup holder slides on and off on a track. A little fabbing but not a big deal. I'll be yanking my seat out this winter for an install..
timo22

IMG_2514.JPG PO put a protective clear cover over the new upholstery. I need that one on the BACK seat for the kids...

Reactions: Injectedcutty
View attachment 78834 View attachment 78833 View attachment 78832 I really like my bench seat Malibu . I also like the column shifter. I am a lot more sure manual up shifting the column than a factory floor shifter. I have bucket seats , console, and floor shifter in my 65 Malibu SS but I have a lot more fun in my 81.
A little tip for bench seat guys I got from a buddy of mine. The newer S10's had removable cup holders on the bench seat trucks. The metal bracket bolts underneath the seat and the plastic cup holder slides on and off on a track. A little fabbing but not a big deal. I'll be yanking my seat out this winter for an install..
timo22
Wow Timo22 that's a very nice interior! Seeing it took me back

Thanks for the compliment. And yep, everytime I drive that car , it takes me back. I feel like a teenage kid driving around when life seemed so much simpler. I'm sure that's why a lot us have these old cars..timo22

Full disclosure: This car emphasizes function over form. The previous owner ditched the original bench and "installed" buckets but only bolted them in to the bench anchors. Yes, they were only bolted to the outside mounts.

Since I needed the extra seating position, I picked up a 60/40 bench from my local junkyard. Seller thought it was from a Cutlass. I didn't care. It's comfy and I installed it with the additional floor mounts along the trans tunnel. I also didn't care that it doesn't really match in color.

I still have the buckets and can bolt them back in CORRECTLY at any time.

IMG_3101.JPG
IMG_3102.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3101.JPG
    IMG_3101.JPG
    973.2 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_3102.JPG
    IMG_3102.JPG
    845 KB · Views: 1,049
My Regal has the pillow style 40/60 bench seat. The driver seat is power adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor