Better 60' Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW2MALIBU

n00b
Dec 30, 2007
Idaho
Haven't been on here in forever. So ofcourse I'm looking for some advice. Gonna run the car some this year and wanted to try to make it 60' a little better. Just removed the front sway bar and am installing 90/10 front shocks. Stock trailing arms are boxed in. Stock springs front and rear. Currently 12.50 on motor and 11.70 on 100 shot (spraying at 2800 rpm). 60's are always mid 1.70's.
3350# with me in it.
3.70"s in rear.
275/60/15 M/T Et streets on rear (was gonna try a 26" tire).
Foot braking, leaving just above idle.

2012-11-10160800_zps0d82588a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Have you tried spraying off the line? Nothing other than more power or more practice I think would be the best way to drop your 60 at this point

I go 11.30's and get 1.5 60's and its all motor. Tubular rear uppers and lowers, 90/10 front 50/50 drag shocks rear, same tires as yours

Are you running a type of drag wheel like welds or billet specialties? I'm not a scientist but I think it was like 1lb of rotating weight is something like 4lbs of stationary weight, something like that

Nice times by the way I like the way my car drives on the street and can beat mostly any other actual street driven cars at the track

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
No way to give good advice without more info.
Is it spinning?
Dead hook?
Hook then spin?

Merlin1952

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern N.C.
New, tell everyone more about your car and combo. Do you have a lot of tire spin when you leave the line? You say you get 1.70s 60 foot times is that with and without the NOS? If so do you leave with the NOS or does it come in after you are off the line? Is there a lot of frame twist off the line? The more info you can share will make it easier for everyone to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor