Big Brother IS watching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I think RA assumes on the refund that you paid taxes on the purchase. They know your tax rate, so the refund included taxes.
But the question remains- WHY? Who would even bother to do the math?

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Accounting.

They get taxed on income from sales but not taxed on sales tax. They don't want to pay corporate profit tax on the sales tax portion of the sale.

I'm confident even if you entirely lied on the hardware cost, or told the truth and bought it online from a retailer who does under $100,000 in sales and doesn't charge sales tax, they would have incorporated the sales tax breakdown.

It's probably entirely automated.

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Its computer calculated. If they gave you a refund, they assume you bought it from them, and it is automatically calculated. Someone just pushed a button and it automatically calculated.
Yep, companies have automated accounting systems that beam all the data right to corporate HQ. Its why many stores have dishes on their roofs.

However, these systems are not always correct. One time I was shopping at a chain store for new sandals, they tried to charge me sales tax on footwear even through my state does not tax any footwear. So I refused to complete the purchase and left the dumb sandals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor