Black box mounted to valve cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Just mak sure you got the needed pics, get the right forms & get a classic or antique plate. No need for a sniffer or visual inspection (I need to take my own advice for my car.)

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
No I don't have any part numbers for the EGR solenoid. I believe it's something you would have to acquire via someone parting out an 81-83 car with a 307.

Yes there should be an ISS ( idle speed solenoid ) on your carb that should have a dark green wire going to it. It also acts as a mounting point for your throttle return spring.

If you got an air cleaner from an 86 442 you'll have to drill a hole to fit the TVS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Thanks! Do you have any idea what the gizmo that controlled the egr looks like or a part number?
Not easy to find them, they get tossed and are not reproduced and NOS doesn't exist anymore.
I have an NOS one if you're interested in it, probably the last one in existence...

jkuch77

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 27, 2019
Erie, PA
Not easy to find them, they get tossed and are not reproduced and NOS doesn't exist anymore.
I have an NOS one if you're interested in it, probably the last one in existence...

Sure! How much would you want for it? You wouldn't happen to have the air cleaner TVS also? Well, let me see what comes on the dual snorkel air cleaner once it arrives.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Sure! How much would you want for it? You wouldn't happen to have the air cleaner TVS also? Well, let me see what comes on the dual snorkel air cleaner once it arrives.
Yes I have that too used $10, $75 for the NOS solenoid

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Properly done stock set up would probably run better than any so called 'self learning' EFI system and be way more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor