Not open for further replies.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
nikkisantoro said:
T-TOP TONY said:
nikkisantoro said:
Can anyone post up instructions on how to take out the rear deck lid?

you have to take out the side moldings

Can you describe what the side moldings are? I've pretty much taken out the entire interior and I can't figure out this last bit.

Thanks.
they are 2 plastic pieces that hold the deck lid in place the quarter window plastic meets in the corner of the deck lid thats were the plastic pieces are

nikkisantoro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 15, 2010
kuruption109 said:
they are 2 plastic pieces that hold the deck lid in place the quarter window plastic meets in the corner of the deck lid thats were the plastic pieces are
Okay, I've taken out the side moldings, but this thing still won't come out. It's as if it's glued to the rear window. Did you have to forcibly rip this out or is it suppose to come out easily?

Thanks for the help thus far.

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
nikkisantoro said:
kuruption109 said:
Okay, I've taken out the side moldings, but this thing still won't come out. It's as if it's glued to the rear window. Did you have to forcibly rip this out or is it suppose to come out easily?

WOW!! Did u take off the brake light off or you dont have one? Its not hard you should be able to pull it up and then towards you

nikkisantoro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 15, 2010
T-TOP TONY said:
nikkisantoro said:
kuruption109 said:

WOW!! Did u take off the brake light off or you dont have one? Its not hard you should be able to pull it up and then towards you
I've taken out everything, including the brake light. I can raise the front part of it, but the back of it won't budge. I'll try to take some picture tonight. I just want to paint it black and put it back in, I'm thinking I'll just mask it and paint it while it's still in the car...

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
I've taken out everything, including the brake light. I can raise the front part of it, but the back of it won't budge. I'll try to take some picture tonight. I just want to paint it black and put it back in, I'm thinking I'll just mask it and paint it while it's still in the car...[/quote]

yeah its probably just stuck, your probably afraid of breaking it, dont be just lift it up from one side. They have some insulation under it maybe its stuck on that

jnash811

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 7, 2010
Nice Work Man... I've got the same year minus the T-Tops.

Rudy81MC

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2010
thx for the idea doing this in my 81 monte , put a 400 sbc in it a while ago ... work in progress

realy like how the door panels came out and my friends advice to mask the center part and kinda have a two tone because my car has alot of wood grain
91472140.jpg

new carpet on the door
94225249.jpg

29087210.jpg

39052120.jpg

new carpet from old rotten stuff with some nice stains , and it was tan
69445253.jpg

headliner
72063552.jpg

Scott183

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 24, 2010
North Shore, Massachusetts
Wow Tony, I know you've been working on this for awhile, but I'm fairly new around here and just found this post. Incredible job!! Time and effort has great results. Awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor