youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
that looks good mayne thats somethin i want to do myself

rdp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2010
what color were the panels before you sprayed them. i got some red ones i want to change to black

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
rdp said:
what color were the panels before you sprayed them. i got some red ones i want to change to black

Thanks guys! They were burgundy ive always hated that color on the interior so i decided to go with black.

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
youngdeezy said:
tony what did you do for prep, before you sprayed them? thats an important step alot of people mess up.

all i did was wash the parts with soap and water and dried em up and then let em sit for about 30 minutes to dry very good. And that was it after that just spray, according to Rustoleum thats all u have to do.

1985Chevycutlass

Apprentice
Feb 4, 2009
That looks real nice man. Be sure to post pics when you put it back together.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
T-TOP TONY said:
all i did was wash the parts with soap and water and dried em up and then let em sit for about 30 minutes to dry very good. And that was it after that just spray, according to Rustoleum thats all u have to do.

Aye Tone....I used SEM 39863 Plastic adhesion promoter when I did those few pieces I sprayed with Krylon fusion. Man it help biiiig time. I had to use some goo gone and 80 grit grade paper to get the Krylon off. Made it stick like crazy glue. You should be cool tho since Rustoleum says thats all that is needed. I also wore gloves...

Warren

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
T-TOP TONY said:

Aye Tone....I used SEM 39863 Plastic adhesion promoter when I did those few pieces I sprayed with Krylon fusion. Man it help biiiig time. I had to use some goo gone and 80 grit grade paper to get the Krylon off. Made it stick like crazy glue. You should be cool tho since Rustoleum says thats all that is needed. I also wore gloves...

Warren

Yeah Warren i usually use some stuff called bulldog but i was out of it but o well it looks like the paint is strong enough, will see with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor