T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
kuruption109 said:
T-TOP TONY said:
Thanks alot bro! I wish i could bedone already lol
what it cost u to get the visors done?

The guy charged me 50 bucks for the headliner and visors but i already had the material

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
that one kit covered all that? if so im def getting it for the malibu...[/quote]

yeah bro and i still have some left over

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
Well got busy today.Painted my lower door panels and cut out the suede insert. Still need to glue it on. Also painted the handles they came out pretty sweet

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0553-1.jpg

IMG_0559-1.jpg

IMG_0562-1.jpg

IMG_0563-1.jpg

IMG_0564-1.jpg

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
How did you get that suede out of the lower door panel? I just spray painted mine black (they were maroon) and they look decent but I really like what you did with yours.

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
patmckinneyracing said:
How did you get that suede out of the lower door panel? I just spray painted mine black (they were maroon) and they look decent but I really like what you did with yours.

Yeah mine were maroon also. I took off the carpet and used some adhesive remover to clean it up real good. And all i did was measure the inside of where the carpet used to be. And just be patient and cut the suede carefully. Put on top lay it real good cause you might have some extra so just kind of keep cutting carefully till you get it right.

Thanks alot!

If this wasnt enough help just let me know and ill try to describe it better.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I'm sure I could get creative with it. What paint did you use to paint your interior with? I used the black vinyl paint (forgot who makes it) but that stuff just doesn't really stick worth a damn even with adhesive promotor sprayed on first. I found a donor bu that was triple black in the yard that had limo tint, so the donor pieces were cherry, including the rear pillar pieces. But the car didn't have door panels so that's why I asked. That and the hole where the speakers go are starting to get a little ragged.

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
patmckinneyracing said:
I'm sure I could get creative with it. What paint did you use to paint your interior with? I used the black vinyl paint (forgot who makes it) but that stuff just doesn't really stick worth a damn even with adhesive promotor sprayed on first. I found a donor bu that was triple black in the yard that had limo tint, so the donor pieces were cherry, including the rear pillar pieces. But the car didn't have door panels so that's why I asked. That and the hole where the speakers go are starting to get a little ragged.

Well first i sanded all my plastics with some burgundy scotch brite pad, they sell it at the paint store. Then i washed em real good with water and soap, and just let them dry. Then i used Bulldog adhesive promoter, and on top of that i used SEM satin black spray cans it looks real good. And ive heard nothing but good stuff about SEM

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
patmckinneyracing said:
Can I find the SEM paint in the local walmart or is it specific for auto parts stores?

No they sell this stuff at auto paint store, autozone and pepboys doesnt carry it out here. I paid 11 bucks a can, but i know of some places that sell it for like 14.

Hey by any chance you know anyone selling some front black seat belts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor