blazer grand prix hybrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bree

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 16, 2013
Yea, my SO has an 84 Pontiac Grand Prix. The whole back end of the frame has rotted out from the axle-hump back. She really loves her car and wants to whatever to save it.
So, seeing as how we live in hillbilly country, she would like to replace the frame with that of a 4WD, full size blazer or the like.
Now I've seen Ranger/Bronco frames under Pintos of same said era, so I'm thinking we might not be to far out in left field with this. :shock:

The guy who is doing the body work on my car says the frame rails are not hard to replace

Very good to know! The car is in ok shape ohter than the rottne frame rails, and has low miles

Cutty78 said:
Or buy another G-body and swap frames......you can find some for $300 and up,usually.
Yea, if we're going to the trouble of swapping frames, She gonna want to go 4wd... (and lifted to the sky) Take it mudd'n in the fall and spring, and to get around in the winter snow. Besides all that, like I said before, We-uns is hill-folk.
I know, I know, what not just get a truck. Hell,,, any old fool can lift a truck! But it takes something different to lift a car :wink:

I guess the original intent of my post was "How well will this work, if at all"??????
Is there something better than a Chevy Blazer to rob the parts from?

An S-10 Blazer is probably the closest in size and wheelbase.......I really thought you were kidding. There are plenty of Redneck sites that could help you,but it would be cheaper to buy a 4wd Blazer AND fix the rails on the GP than to combine the 2.......you're looking at probably $5,000 to do it,and ruining a GP at the same time. Good luck! :rofl: :wtf:

No, It wasn't a joke. I was just thinking if we could get a truck frame with suspension and transference ect... from a salvage yard (car has good motor and trans) we could combine my SO's 2 loves at the same time. 😳

Bree said:
No, It wasn't a joke. I was just thinking if we could get a truck frame with suspension and transference ect... from a salvage yard (car has good motor and trans) we could combine my SO's 2 loves at the same time. 😳

It's just a bad idea over-all. I'll have to agree with others on here in ruining the GP by doing this. Other things to consider are: the truck suspension is probably different - leaf springs? Also, axle width may differ. I would choose a path and go with it. If you want a truck, get a truck. If you want a Grand Prix, fix it correctly. If you want both.......well, that's why GM made the El-Camino :mrgreen:

I love the El Camino! My best friend still has the same one he's had since high school... Mostly only drive4s it to shows these days. He has a fleet of show cars, and when we take them in mass, I always step up to take the 'cammie!

Oh yea, and the thing about 4wd'n the GP, is as a kind of a redneck tribute/memorial to from whom it came.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor