Blower fans, a/c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
So the blower for my heat died the other day. And since I live in Canada I really need a new on lol. So I went shopping to see what a new one costs, about $80. That's a bit to expensive for me, so I'm gonna look for a used one. So, did GM change our heater blowers over the years. Or will any a/c gbody fan work? My car is an 80 Malibu btw.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Holy sh*t, $80? Good thing I held onto all those extras I had over the years... although my collection has been depleted...

The blower motors are the same for all '78-'88 G-bodies, with the exception of non a/c cars.
They will all work and interchange, but the non a/c ones are a little different, they have a slightly different sized squirrel cage and they don't have the vent hole for that rubber hose to hook up to that the a/c cars do.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Wow that's just sad. But it could also be the mark up from living in my crappy redneck town. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor