MALIBU Mystery light/flame

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Hey guys, I have seem to spot a hole, where light, flame, heated coil, I really don’t have any idea. Does anybody have any clarity on why this is like this color

Blower motor , 79 Malibu Link of video below. Any clarity would be greatly appreciated!! As I’m not sure what this is !!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Weird. Did you pull the blower motor and look in there with the blower out of the way?

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
ground the motor somewhere else see what happens,you're dealing with a rust connection there,

Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
if it had a circuit board like some blowers I'd say resistance is heating something up. when you pop it off do you feel anything warm/hot?

Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
She's a witch! Burn her!! I agree, remove, clean, maybe re-wire. If that is the fan ground wire, does it glow on all speeds, or just high?

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
She's a witch! Burn her!! I agree, remove, clean, maybe re-wire. If that is the fan ground wire, does it glow on all speeds, or just high?
how do you know she's a witch? she'll burn!

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
if it had a circuit board like some blowers I'd say resistance is heating something up. when you pop it off do you feel anything warm/hot?
Thanks feels warm when off thanks Dez

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
how do you know she's a witch?
She turned me into a Ford! [ I got bet-uh]
But seriously, there seams to be a lot of crud around that bolt and connector. Your other thread says it is a year old/new but it sure looks crusty. This is why I like dedicated grounds. Factory grounds were for fast assembly.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor