blown trannys

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
Could you please change the title of this thread? It gives me the heeby-jeebies!
15tk9w.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

transman

Apprentice
May 17, 2015
Western Canada
hi all, I am looking for a shop (preferably in BC) that can build a 200r4 transmission to handle upwards of 550 hp. I've gone through 5 rebuilds and am getting tired of changing them out. can anyone steer me in the right direction. going stateside is not a route I want to take. Are there any distributors in BC or Canada for that matter, selling for art carr, Janis, ck, etc. thanks Pete
Where abouts in B.C. do you live? And who did your rebuilds?

69wag

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 24, 2017
hello transman. I live I hazelton. between smithers and terrace. A guy named dave at bc automatic did each rebuild. think it was in new Westminster. he did it 4 times I think. tried to say someone else had been in the transmission after the third failure. that was back in about 1998. been parked for 17 years but I know it will give me issues again. marriage, kids, and a business kind of left the cars on hold. Thanks Pete.

transman

Apprentice
May 17, 2015
Western Canada
hello transman. I live I hazelton. between smithers and terrace. A guy named dave at bc automatic did each rebuild. think it was in new Westminster. he did it 4 times I think. tried to say someone else had been in the transmission after the third failure. that was back in about 1998. been parked for 17 years but I know it will give me issues again. marriage, kids, and a business kind of left the cars on hold. Thanks Pete.
I know Dave was doing a number of GN'S back in the day. I used to work in the Transmission Parts industry, and while there are all kinds of shops around, very few were doing performance transmissions. Some tried, but. There are a few guys I know that might be able to help you. You can google their shops. Tim (an active drag racer) at AAMCO in Vernon, Bob at Bob's Driveline in Aldergrove, Steve at T.C.S. products in Langely (www.tcsproducts.com) and Bill at A & B transmissions in Langley. Nobody that I know of is importing any of the transmissions from the companies you mention, although Mopac is a TCI distributor. I did see in some of the hot rod shops I called on, the odd Monster transmission.
Hope this is of some help to you.

Reactions: 1 users

69wag

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 24, 2017
I know Dave was doing a number of GN'S back in the day. I used to work in the Transmission Parts industry, and while there are all kinds of shops around, very few were doing performance transmissions. Some tried, but. There are a few guys I know that might be able to help you. You can google their shops. Tim (an active drag racer) at AAMCO in Vernon, Bob at Bob's Driveline in Aldergrove, Steve at T.C.S. products in Langely (www.tcsproducts.com) and Bill at A & B transmissions in Langley. Nobody that I know of is importing any of the transmissions from the companies you mention, although Mopac is a TCI distributor. I did see in some of the hot rod shops I called on, the odd Monster transmission.
Hope this is of some help to you.

Sorry haven't been on in a while. thanks for the info transman. my torque converter came from steve if I remember right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor