Body Bushing Diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I read a lot of discussion about the #5 position bushings used on Pontiacs and Buicks. A few years ago, I bought a Prothane 7-132-BL poly bushing kit and the instruction sheet shows a #5 mount. Has no fastener running through it. Is this the fabled #5? Anyone have a diagram showing where the #1 - #7 locations are? Would have been helpful if Prothane had this data on their instructions...

**Update**
The Energy Suspension kit has instructions with a diagram. #5 seems to be in front of the rear spring mounts. That does not seem like it would make that much of a difference. Now, a bushings under the front seats seem like they would make an improvement. Enlightenment welcome.

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Here you go. It's in the forum posted some where already but it was easier to find the original than search for the post. The number five position on wagons is just a cushion with no bolt. I've read that some of the cars did not originally come with a number five cushion, specifically some of the Regals', maybe GN's. Number one position is the core support mount and number seven is the last mount on the car at the rear. ...

cyrus_the_great

Greasemonkey
Sep 8, 2009
IRAN
my 78 GP has the number 5

carpartsy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor