Body bushing ride comfort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That stud remover looks like it will come in handy. If I break a bolt ill have to order that. I just noticed that in the title to the thread I put "confort" not "comfort". :blam:

That stud remover looks like it will come in handy. If I break a bolt ill have to order that. I just noticed that in the title to the thread I put "confort" not "comfort". :blam:

I had a few bolts destroyed by rust, the cages for the nut plates were shot so I took the nut plate with he broken blot and soaked it in oil for a few days then heated the oil up and got all the bolts studs out. I fabbed up 9 new cages and used the same nut plates and welded them in.....

oh and when your out and ask for southern comfort and not southern confort you'll be ok...

oh and when your out and ask for southern comfort and not southern confort you'll be ok...
Right after you replace "he broken blot" ^^^^^^^
🙄

so he can blot up the southern confort

Here is an update on the Bushing replacement. When the kit came in from JEGS it was missing the mount for position 6 and two washers . I ordered them and they came two days later. To bad they sent the washers for position 5 not position 3. I need a inside diameter of 3/4 not 7/16. That was partially my fault for not clarifying. :rant:

They all went on easy except position 3 on both sides and position 2 on drivers side. I guess the bushings that were on there caused the body to be bowed a little. I had to put the mount on position 3 then jack the frame up to the bolt could catch. (This is the position that uses the small bolt)

Position 2 on the drivers side was not lining up with the caged nut. Almost like the nut couldn't move far enough in the required direction. So I raised the body up and screwed it in, then lowered the body so it could catch.

position 3 not a big deal but compared to the others that just popped right out it did require a little more finesse. But its done.:banana:

Reactions: pontiacgp
There is no engine or transmission in her right now. Nor has there been in a long time. lol. She was sitting in the lot since 1998. (or that's when the expiration on the tags expired.) Hopefully ill be able to get her running by summer of next year.

Would be sooner but I cant get money to grow on that tree in the yard. (Maybe it needs more water.)

I went with the energy poly body bushings.. I cant tell you if the original rubber ones would be better because they were shot. But the poly ones provide a very good ride for my cruck.

Just my observation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor