Body Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim H.

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
Hey does anyone remember the body kit or spoiler kits that you could buy in 1988 to make your cutlass a hurst olds. Well I have a friend who has one still in storage never put on a car and he wants 550 dollars for it should I buy it I don't even know what I'm going to do with it so any suggestions would be great and the price is what he paid for in 88.

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
That sounds like a fabulous deal, id buy it if i needed it and for that matter even if i didnt, cuz its gonna cost you $300 or more for just an original scoop, and then that much or more for a spoiler. Does that kit your referring to also come with front air dam or anything else? Buy it!

Jim H.

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
As far as I know its the entire kit still in the crate have a meeting with the guy in 2 weeks told him to get everything together he owned 3 83 hurst olds and has all kinds of spare parts in storage been hounding him for 8 years and he finally called me out of the blue and said he was ready to sell cant wait to see what he has in storage.

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
W0W! you struck GOLD............if he is gonna come off of his stash.

Jim H.

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
Yes he is definitely going to sell off his spare parts he has decided to downsize and figured that as long as he could break even he would be happy so cant wait to see everything will let you know of what else he has

Black Sheep

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio
I put one of those kits on a friends car 2-3 years ago. What a nightmare! The kit that I did was all warped and didn't fit worth a damn. Had to literally cut it apart and glue it back together. I refuse to do another, no matter how much i'm offered. Here's the build thread: http://72.22.90.30/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... ght=viteks

88_HO_1.jpg

Jim H.

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
Looks great I still am planning on buying everything he just called me this evening and has a brand new steering wheel for my 84 H/O so I am looking forward to seeing it still in the box is what he said will post some pics when I go pick everything up I am sure I will sell some of the parts that I don't need have to be careful due to the divorce.

Brick442

Master Mechanic
Apr 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
I sold one a few years ago for around $700 and that was without original box and the (3) H/O badges it came with.

I decided not to install because it seemed like it would be a nightmare to install. I wasn't crazy about the material Action Products used, either. Prone to cracking.

However, they look great when done properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor