Body Mounts; Cage Nut alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
There are 2 alignment holes that you can use 5/8 round bar in. One is on the driver side underneath parking brake area, the other is near the passenger side spare tire area. Look and you'll see one hole in each area on the frame. A 5/8 round bar will go in the frame and up into the body to align the two together. Just make sure you do both at the same time to square the body to the frame.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

SStavin

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2015
Chicagoland
Don't worry! I had never gotten this deep into the car before either. When I set the body back on the frame I lined everything up pretty easily utilizing the alignment holes at the driver-front #2 mount position and the passenger-rear #7 mount position as seen below

driver-front #2 mount position
1HTe7Ih.jpg

XucaBqg.jpg

passenger-rear #7 mount position
tY9I6cC.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
There are 2 alignment holes that you can use 5/8 round bar in. One is on the driver side underneath parking brake area, the other is near the passenger side spare tire area. Look and you'll see one hole in each area on the frame. A 5/8 round bar will go in the frame and up into the body to align the two together. Just make sure you do both at the same time to square the body to the frame.
That's what those holes are for. Learn something new everyday.

Reactions: 1 user

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
I was able to save my captured nuts when I did my bushings. I did have to go in from the top for both on the driver's side. In hindsight, doing the same on the passenger side would have been much quicker and easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor