Body mounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Without knowing your ability or budget, but, speaking from experience... I tried tackling this job years ago with friends who had done this work before and we stopped before we made a mess of my car. We broke two bolts trying to spin them out in order to upgrade the mounts to poly. I ended up finding a metal/body repair guy to do the work and he replaced all the body mounts with the energy suspension poly kit. I'm not saying its impossible to do yourself and also not doubting your ability, but, this is one of those projects that can turn into a pandoras box of problems real quick.
Yup comes down to capability. I did all my body mounts in my driveway with a jack, buddy came over to help with some of the tricky ones just because I needed a second set of hands, but they got done. Then again mine was out and in, no metal needed to be replaced.

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
If you have kids or a wife and they are gonna ride in the car, I'd check all the seat belt attachment points in the floor pan before worrying about those body mounts.Mine were completely rotted out, to where I could rip them out by hand If I wanted.

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
The upside is you aren't rebuilding this mount/floor, a rusty gbody of the month entry
20230120_223155.jpg

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
The upside is you aren't rebuilding this mount/floor, a rusty gbody of the month entry
View attachment 214546

You sure that didn't come from up north? It's way rustier than my submission I have yet to submit that lived in MI/WI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor