Bolt in rear end b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid R

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2018
When I bought my '84 Monte Carlo it had the OEM 8.5 rear axle with an aftermarket mini-spool.
I ended up buying the car without the motor, transmission or rear axle.
Since then I have been building the axle brackets and adjustable upper control arms and brackets
to install a
Ford 8.8 axle out of an Explorer. (factory 31 spline axles, Trac Lock differential with 3.74 gears
and disc brakes. $250 from an area salvage.)
The lower arm brackets are out of the box Speedway parts from the Ford 9" into a G-Body kit.
A while back I took some parts to my chassis builder to tack together for a test fit. One of the
guys there that day told me that an 8.8 out of an SN95 (1994-?) Mustang with the 4.6 Mod motor
will almost bolt into a G-Body; just needs the offset bushings on the upper control arms.
I'm going ahead with the Explorer axle, but you might check into the Mustang 8.8.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor