bought a 88 cutlass calais instead of of supreme

Veech

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2020
New to the gbody scene and kinda rushed into buying my cutlass. I done thought a cutlass was a cutlass not knowing the calais was fwd and not actually a Gbody. Got me mad asf but then being optimistic I was thinking about converting it to rwd but having a shorter wheel base would only add to the complications and money id end up spending. Should I try to resell while I look for a supreme? Not sure if i should start throwing money into the car if im going to just sell it anyway. Any advice would help

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
If you want a RWD for 1988, it must be a Cutlass Supreme Classic. The Classic means RWD and the Olds 5L swirl port V8, 2004R trans and a 7.5" rear with either 2.56 or the optional 3.08 gears was the only drivetrain available. Sell what you have if you want RWD.

Veech

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2020
If you want a RWD for 1988, it must be a Cutlass Supreme Classic. The Classic means RWD and the Olds 5L swirl port V8, 2004R trans and a 7.5" rear with either 2.56 or the optional 3.08 gears was the only drivetrain available. Sell what you have if you want RWD.
Damn iight, preciate it. I guess ill just daily drive it and continue to save while I look.

Veech

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2020
I had a Calais back in the day. Quad 4? Getrag? Good shape? Rust bucket? Where is it? How much? Pics? Why do you want a Cutlass?
Ill put up some pics later today, but nah its in pretty good shape. Its a 2door 2.5l tho. I was gonna lift it up n put some 22s on it, get it repainted, n engine swap to make it mean. Not sure its worth it on the calais tho