Bought an lt1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea didn't think about that but I was referring to the 4.3 and the 5.7 just incase you start ordering parts before you check

Yeah they actually said that they're not that backed up. Supposed to be the best in town.

And yeah it's a 5.7 with aluminum heads out of a 96 firebird. My friend bought an elco with the 4.3 but thought it was a 5.7. Said the car was pretty quick, then he parted it out. Trying to get the x pipe from him.

Well got a call from the machine shop today, he asked if I wanted him to put in new cam bearing and freeze plugs. He said $95 for the plugs, bearings,and installation.

So that takes my tally to $500 for crank polish, valve job with viton seals(?), hone, and hot tank. Does that sound like a decent price?

That does seem like a decent price for machine work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor