bouncy bouncy hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Yep, mine does it as well. I believe the adhesive between the panels has lost it's bond.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
I don't know what you call them but they are the little rubber stops on top of the header panel just underneath the corners of the hood. They are adjustable using a flat head screwdriver to unlock them and then you are able to turn them up a little to support the corners of the hood better. I adjusted mine before for the same reason. At least they are on my GP i'm not sure about other models though. Right there near the cross braces
image-jpeg.54866

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

cincy86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 25, 2016
Does your hood sit flush while parked? My car does the same thing, but the passenger front corner is up just a little and no amount of adjusting panels has made any difference.

Pontiac455

Master Mechanic
Jun 8, 2010
I don't know what you call them but they are the little rubber stops on top of the header panel just underneath the corners of the hood. They are adjustable using a flat head screwdriver to unlock them and then you are able to turn them up a little to support the corners of the hood better. I adjusted mine before for the same reason. At least they are on my GP i'm not sure about other models though. Right there near the cross braces
image-jpeg.54866
Nows theres some engine p*rn.... I LIKE I LIKE>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor