Boxing the frame on

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenomousRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2005
Lincoln,Ne
Boxing the frame on G-Body

My 85 regal is finally in surgery for the insufficient foundation. I will try to post pictures within the week. I narrowed the rear frame 8 inches on each side for my narrowed Ford 9 inch. I will do all the sheet metal work for the body tub myself using 24 guage aluminum. The frame will have all unecessary holes (recovery; T-hook R-hook S-hook and baby J holes) panned and welded. I am finishing up within a few days boxing the frame and triangulating the rear. When completed I plan on having the whole frame assembly powdercoated Fire-engine red. The process thus far has taken me about 3 1/2 weeks, due to my sporadic work schedule. The body mods are in the mail... I have ordered a full fiberglass front clip, hood, fenders, doors and rear clip for the vehicle as well as removed every thread of interior from the car to make way for a fiberglass dash and two bucket seats from a '98 Chevy 3500 Box Van. I chose those for their full mobility, comfort and HIGH backs for the buckets. The inside is getting an 8 point cage and minimal guage cluster with shift light tach. The rest of the Interior will be Rhino-Lined (The spray on bedliner) Bright red. My plan is to have my motor Black with Red accessory and accents. While the exterior and compartment panels painted Black as well. I hope to be completed by June of Next year. Meanwhile will try to get pictures posted. It's a very stout and strong olds 455 motor with C heads ported. I will keep my output a secret, I like it that way. The TH400 has been rebuilt with a manual shift valve body and a 3500 stall. To top it all off, I am putting a NOS cheater plate system good for 250 extra ponies. Will let you know an ET in June...Thanks for reading, would like to hear someone elses project.

VenomousRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2005
Lincoln,Ne
sorry eldo, still figuring out my digital camera to computer thing... Congrats on your success with your Regal so far, I hope your wife likes it... :D

Arok

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 3, 2006
Gainesville, Florida
damn that sounds nice, it's been too long. we need to see some pics and track slips. in my buddy's 66 cutlass he's got a 455 with aluminum heads and a cam. It puts out about 430ft-lb and 275HP at the wheels. He has ran a few 13.7's. I'm not sure what gears he has or what his stall speed is, but he uses a 200-4R. I'm curious to see what times you run with that huge motor in that light car.

Jeffxxo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2006
Hey, get those pics up! Im getting ready to do the same here. Please give all the info you can. Maybe i wont get such a headacke.

pink panther

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 29, 2007
Windsor Ontario
cool

Car sounds good. What are you running for rear suspension?

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Where did you order your fiberglass body peices from?

83regal632bbc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2007
omaha nebraska
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor