speedway motors boxed rear control arms

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
has anyone ever tried to put the 68-72 a-body supports in the lower bars? These are the bars I used in my 70. I have boxed many G-body arms, but you can buy that lower piece in the A-body arm and weld it in. Just wondered if that insert would fit a g-body arm.

prolly not cuz had a friend many yrs ago that took a 12 bolt out of a 70 chevelle and had to get special arms to fit in a 85 ss but heres this and speedway may have the answer for fitting polys.

Last edited:

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
prolly not cuz had a friend many yrs ago that took a 12 bolt out of a 70 chevelle and had to get special arms to fit in a 85 ss but heres this and speedway may have the answer for fitting polys.
No don’t pay attention to the bars. Look at the bottom picture of the a-body arms I listed. That reinforcement plate can be bought separate. Can that plate fit a g-body bar to box it

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
No don’t pay attention to the bars. Look at the bottom picture of the a-body arms I listed. That reinforcement plate can be bought separate. Can that plate fit a g-body bar to box it
If they're available separate, the plates for the Jeg's arms should work on the g-body spec arms as well. Worst case they might require some trimming if needed. I've boxed them (A & G-body) for people using some flat .125" steel strap from the hardware store

Attachments

• photo 1 - Copy.PNG
    photo 1 - Copy.PNG
    385.3 KB · Views: 10
  • photo 2 - Copy.PNG
    photo 2 - Copy.PNG
    269 KB · Views: 12
  • photo 3 - Copy.PNG
    photo 3 - Copy.PNG
    311.1 KB · Views: 11
  • photo 4 - Copy.PNG
    photo 4 - Copy.PNG
    356.6 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: 4 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
If they're available separate, the plates for the Jeg's arms should work on the g-body spec arms as well. Worst case they might require some trimming if needed. I've boxed them (A & G-body) for people using some flat .125" steel strap from the hardware store
Looks stiff!

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Looks stiff!
Definitely more than OE. I tried to sell him a new but unused set of Currie-Trac arms w/Johnny-Joints but this was for his sons high-school ride ('70 El Camino SS clone).
He did opt to utilize rubber bushings per my recommendation vs Poly units.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
That was how I did my 78 back in the early 90’s. Was asking about the other way after getting into the factory f-41 70 ss suspensions. The ones I had in the race car were boxed factory arms before I changed to SSM bars.

Reactions: 1 users

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022

ok i see what you were sayin. IDK, i agree with posters below or above this reply. i tore up the internet lookin for stock replacements after having some in my cart and went BO hrs before i had 1st chance in months to order. just something to think bout. the price for the speedway boxed arms no bushings, about 150. the sugestion for ruber bushings were moogs forgot the # ut in my seaches here from older posts seen the same # pop up for factory replacements. not sure if that helps ya ut man the parts hunt is grueling when you can b uy already boxed arms. just read close in my above posts when comes to what found amazon in reviews.

i left a ? that went unanswered was basically theres no selection to pick A or G body so what am i gettin? est advice go to speedway & iron it out if you choose.

EDIT. when said tore up the net i meant it. i am punch bowl turd on YT, found this 4 yr old vid on yt and asked "how are they on the street after 4 yrs?" he replied next day, comment is there for all to see.

Last edited:

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
I've done several vehicles just welding in plates on the bottom from the scrap pile. My Tahoe, for example doesn't have much aftermarket support, so that's about the only option to get rid of some of the flex.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor