Boyd Coddington passed away :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
that's to bad. he was one of the few big muscle cars guys around sad to see him go

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Sorry to hear about that. Kind of a shame too. He was scheduled to make an appearance at a custom car show here in Toronto in a couple of weeks. It would have been interesting to see him, after watching his show for the past few years.

Uncletruck

Master Mechanic
Apr 22, 2007
Erie, PA
That is a shame. I enjoyed watching American Hot Rod, although if I worked for Boyd I would throw that Duane AH right through a wall head first just to get myself fired LOL!

Boyd did many interesting restorations, although I wondered with all the work that was put in to some of the cars they ended up only being about 10% original and that made me think they would be better off just fabricating reproductions from scratch. It was all stuff WAY out of my affordability league and not really my own taste, but the man was very well respected and definitely knew his stuff and had his niche.

-UT-

twisted

Apprentice
Feb 16, 2008
anyone hear what the cause of his death was? I tried searching but came up empty handed.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I came up with several things, but nothing conclusive. I read it was either liver failure, stroke, or complications stemming from his diabetes coupled with a surgery that he died in the middle of.

I am not a huge fan of high dollar cars like he and Foose build, but nonetheless he was a very talented individual who added much to the hobby. His presence will be sorely missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor