Brad Penn Break In Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElCamMan515

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2010
Central New York
Hi Guys I Know A Few Of You Run Brad Penn Oil In Your Motors Everyday. Was Wondering If Any Have Used Brad Penn SAE 30 Break In Oil? Would You Recomend It To Break In My Motor With? If Not What Other Oils Have You Used To Break In A Motor? Thanks In Advance -- ElCam!

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
I have read that a lot of those break in oils are a gimmick. I used plain old Penzoil on my break in, BUT I did put a ZInc engine break in additive in. That is basically all those break in oils are, motor oil with additives. Save your money! Actually Mobile 1 gets really good reviews and people swear by it. I am sure if you get soem of the Jegs zinc additive and add that to some MObile 1 it would be as good of quality as the Royal Purple stuff.

mike87442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 9, 2010
homer glen illinois
I'm having a 403 olds built by a engine builder that builds engines for some pretty famous car guys and he reccomends that break in oil along with whatever additive the cam manufacturer uses

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
My unlce owns a race shop and he recommended Brad Penn Oils for me...I didn't listen though because it was too expensive for my everyday driver. If I built a race motor though I'd use it.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
When I broke my motor in/dynoed it I ran brad penn oil by itself..........drained it after the dyno time and that's the only oil I use for my car...It's a bit expensive at $5.00 a quart, but it does have the zddp (zinc) that my cam (flat tappet) needs....I see that Valvoline has their own racing oil with the zddp in it as well....Doesn't really matter what oil you use, as long as you have the zinc in it...I like Brad Penn though, plus it has a cool green color!!!

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Brad Penn already has the zinc added by a professional , not some "gimmick" out of a bottle.. :lol:

Always good to use cheap oil in your motor. :roll:

Only oil my engines see on break-in and run it in my race motors.

Only oil my builder uses and we use it in the in his 7 second dragster.

Check Amazon for a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor