Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Any me mechanic leads in Boston area ?
Dez need breaks. Thanks

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Love the 'price is right' avatar!

I'm not in Boston, so feel free to ignore me, but I'm curious what you are looking for, exactly. 4 months ago I completely replaced everything except a pair of hard lines on one car, and last week did new shoes and hardware on the rear of another car. You looking for stock or upgrade? How's your hydraulic circuit? Leaking? Are the inverted flare parts separable?

Reactions: 1 user

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Love the 'price is right' avatar!

I'm not in Boston, so feel free to ignore me, but I'm curious what you are looking for, exactly. 4 months ago I completely replaced everything except a pair of hard lines on one car, and last week did new shoes and hardware on the rear of another car. You looking for stock or upgrade? How's your hydraulic circuit? Leaking? Are the inverted flare parts separable?
Hi there thanks. I like to keep it fresh!!
Breaks. Looking to
Upgrade.

🤓
How's your hydraulic circuit? Leaking? Are the inverted flare parts separable?

This is a bit over my head as a newbie.
Can you elaborate a bit thanks man Dez

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Hi there thanks. I like to keep it fresh!!
Breaks. Looking to
Upgrade.

🤓

This is a bit over my head as a newbie.
Can you elaborate a bit thanks man Dez
If you're unaware of leaking, maybe it isn't leaking. That is good.

Assuming the hoses and everything are original, you could replace the rubber brake hoses, calipers and pads (front) wheel cylinders, shoes and springs (rear) for maybe $200.

Put some penetrating oil on the exposed threads of the nut/fitting on the connection to rubber brake hoses for the front calipers. Wait a day. Can you unscrew the hard line to the front rubber brake hose a little bit? If it breaks loose, tighten it back up. If it doesn't break loose, don't force it or you will twist the hard brake line and it will collapse and be ruined. If the nut breaks loose, you'll be able change that dry rotted hose, calipers, etc. without much trouble. If you ruin the hard line, it is more work, but not the end of the world; you can buy them from a vendor "inline tube". I had to replace most of my hard lines.

If you want to upgrade, many choose to put the 2000 GMC Jimmy 2WD front brakes.

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
If you're unaware of leaking, maybe it isn't leaking. That is good.

Assuming the hoses and everything are original, you could replace the rubber brake hoses, calipers and pads (front) wheel cylinders, shoes and springs (rear) for maybe $200.

Put some penetrating oil on the exposed threads of the nut/fitting on the connection to rubber brake hoses for the front calipers. Wait a day. Can you unscrew the hard line to the front rubber brake hose a little bit? If it breaks loose, tighten it back up. If it doesn't break loose, don't force it or you will twist the hard brake line and it will collapse and be ruined. If the nut breaks loose, you'll be able change that dry rotted hose, calipers, etc. without much trouble. If you ruin the hard line, it is more work, but not the end of the world; you can buy them from a vendor "inline tube". I had to replace most of my hard lines.

If you want to upgrade, many choose to put the 2000 GMC Jimmy 2WD front brakes.
This is great. I totally appreciate it.
Keep in mind I don’t have a garage. As it’s freezing too here in Boston. And I do not have the driveway!!
So I’m in a bit of a pickle!
Ultimately I would love to connect with someone who can do so this and I can advise. Great info. I will definitely used it. Dez.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor