BRAKE BOOSTER CHOICE HELP/REVIEW

toyinhawaii

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 18, 2022
My Original booster is bad (via testing), i think i pulled the trigger on this to soon as the Blazer booster and reservoir would have been a good choice as well (let me know if this is true), but what is done is done. I have an 84' elky with an LT1 and Blazer brake set up, only in the front but i do have the rear disc ready to go , so still have the drums in rear. i bought the below on Ebay and was wondering if you guys had any experience with this, seems like that seller sells a lot of them. There are no identifying marks, engraving or stickers on it, so cant really identify a mfr. But of course when in doubt assume china made. i pulled the old booster off and noticed the 4 mounting studs are larger than the new ones are. The chrome nuts are 13 mm and the OEM is 15 mm, bolt pattern is the same but the studs on the chrome one seems just a little shorter... approx. 1/8". when they say 8", they are talking about the diaphragm diameter?? so i measured both and it is 8" but in a different location and also the booster is smaller than the OEM . does what i have look right.. as far as the size differences. is something like this a normal aftermarket OEM replace/ performance replacement? Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• BOOSTER1 (2).jpg
    BOOSTER1 (2).jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 10
  • BOOSTER1.jpg
    BOOSTER1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor