HELP Brake Master Cylinder-no rear fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Dorman makes this universal master cylinder bleed kit. They are cheap and can be reused. Part # 13911
F9BA0ACC-11E2-4CBE-B3BA-D82236D58FA4.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
I cut off my old lines, cleaned them up, then bent them to make recirculating bleeder. Works fine in a vise, works fine on the car(levelish, major stinkbug stance), obviously recirculating. Install the line to the Combination valve, pump,pump,hold, crack the line at the M/C- nothing. Pump,pump,hold, remove the M/C line- nothing. I am so confused, maybe dumber than I ever realized? Picked up a "new" M/C from NAPA, gonna try that tomorrow.
IMG_1629.jpg

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Update- I drove my Cutlass to Lebanon, TN (about 200 miles?)today after finally fixing the brakes. Going to the Goodguys “Nashville” show Saturday. I realized that my new brake lines were empty and I think when trying to pump the pedal to build pressure to bleed, it was sucking air back in to the M/C? Anyway, I hooked up my Mityvac pump and pulled new fluid through all the lines, then tried the Orielly rebuilt M/C - no good. It was actually leaking out the back by the pushrod. Took new NAPA M/C (Chinese 👎🏻), bench bled, installed and all good. Had to snug up a couple of lines on the combination valve, drove around the “hood”, checked for leaks, washed it, loaded up and hauled *ss to TN- with no speedometer, it’s stopped working.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor