brake problems on an RV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flannery

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 23, 2010
Regina, SK
Got an brake problem that cant seem to figure out. Got a 1977 Travelmate RV. Runs like a dream. 454 bbc 400tranny. Interior is beautiful... for the 70's.... the seats cushions are stiff as if they were never used. Anywho... the brakes wont work. Replaced the master cylinder, bled it all numerous times. Even tried several different methods of bleeding it. The only thing that i can think of might be the problem is the power assist unit. Any suggestions? The vehicle is on a farm right now most likely under about 6 feet of snow, so i wont be touching it til the spring/summer. Would love to bring it in the city, but with no brakes, it... well, yea. Thinking of pulling the motor out and setting it on fire while i dance naked around it with a stick. Any suggestions would be great. Even the absurd. I'll try about anything.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
define brakes won't work
is the pedal soft, does it go down but not come back up, is it hard to push, does the pedal feel fine but the brakes don't apply, if they don't apply is it all 4 or the fronts or the rears, has the vehicle been sitting or did it get used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor