brake upgrade on 81 malibu, drums to discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

maliblue

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2008
Im upgradeing my 10 bolt drums to discs and rather the going to stainless steel brakes i was woundering if anyone has done this out of a doner chevy that will bolt up? Im putting b body spindels with 1 le rotters and camaro calipers with shorter upper control arms on the front but need some direction for the rear.

Thanks for any advice

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
alot of people are converting to the 98-02 camaro rear disc brakes with minor mods.

why are you doing the B-body swap on the front?? its kinda a old school swap compared to the camaro front disc or C5 vette disc swap and has none of the bumpsteer issues like the b-swap does

maliblue

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2008
My whole car is built with the old school in mind and what you would do to it in the 80's despite the bumpsteer issues. What is involved in a c5 swap??

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
http://www.thirdgen.org/ls1reardisc
here's how to do the rear swap to 3rd or 4th gen camaro parts. i actually have the full rear brakes from a 92-96 f-body that is for sale. i was going to do the swap, but decided to change the rear axle. i'm asking what i paid, $250 plus shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor