3rd brake

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
When I added a third brake light to my Monte, I wired in a logic module that makes it function properly

• Useful
Reactions: 3 users

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
I want to install one upside down in my el camino, flip the rubber grommet around and all to match contour, some kind of mounting base, etc. I imagine it looking great if it can look factory, or really stupid, but I gotta try at least.

Reactions: 2 users

premo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 2, 2008
What color are you looking for?

I have one sitting in my shelf I pulled out of a car. It's maroon and slightly faded on the top but complete.

AFAIK it's not repopped
I can paint it.. I just need one in good shape and not dry rotted

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
That's like $8000 worth of 3rd Lights there (if you ask ebay) 😁

Hutch

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I want to install one upside down in my el camino, flip the rubber grommet around and all to match contour, some kind of mounting base, etc. I imagine it looking great if it can look factory, or really stupid, but I gotta try at least.
I've wondered how that would look. If not that light then maybe one from a 2013-16 Mazda CX5, 2001-04 Nissan Pathfinder, or a 1994-99 Cadillac DeVille.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I can paint it.. I just need one in good shape and not dry rotted

Ironically $40 was what I was thinking too. I pulled it out of the box 2 nights ago, if you want I can grab a photo. I believe I grabbed the bracket and a piece of the harness.

It didn't appear dry rotted. Came out of a MN car so not a super warm climate.

Timo22 is kinda the dude for parts around here, if you go with him that's cool too :)

I'm OK hoarding the part but I abandoned the desire to install it on my olds and my wife would rather not have random car parts I have no need for on the shelf haha.

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Maybe I should throw Jr.'s hat into this ring as the one I plan to put in his car needs a bulb holder/reflector too.
Sounds like the perfect one to modify
Im Ready Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Although I am going to have to go back and work on mine, I believe some of the LED's in the boards I put on failed already. But was still a much better deal than what they are charging for the one that fits. Since mine was an 84 I had to put it in because to me I always liked the look of those 3rd brake lights

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor